IPSAS 41, Financial Instruments
Aug 14, 2018 | Handbooks, Standards, and Pronouncements
All available Translations: Mongolian Spanish
In Progress Translations: Georgian | Ukrainian
IPSAS 41, Financial Instruments, establishes new requirements for classifying, recognizing and measuring financial instruments to replace those in IPSAS 29, Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement.
IPSAS 41 provides users of financial statements with more useful information than IPSAS 29, by:
- Applying a single classification and measurement model for financial assets that considers the characteristics of the asset's cash flows and the objective for which the asset is held;
- Applying a single forward-looking expected credit loss model that is applicable to all financial instruments subject to impairment testing; and
- Applying an improved hedge accounting model that broadens the hedging arrangements in scope of the guidance. The model develops a strong link between an entity's risk management strategies and the accounting treatment for instruments held as part of the risk management strategy.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- 2016 Handbook of International Public Sector Accounting Pronouncements
- 2022 Handbook of International Public Sector Accounting Pronouncements
- Exposure Draft (ED) 82, Retirement Benefit Plans
- Exposure Draft (ED) 83, Reporting Sustainability Program Information
- IPSASB Call for Nominations 2024
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.