The objective is to issue a new IPSAS on Leases which will be converged with IFRS 16, Leases, to the extent appropriate. The intermediate objective is to produce an Exposure Draft of proposed new IPSAS on Leases.
The Task Force consists of:
- Mike Blake (Chair)
- Claudia Beier
- Lynn Pamment
- Isabelle Sapet
- Tsholofelo Tshoke
The scope of this project is to develop accounting requirements for leases that are converged with IFRS 16, Leases, to the extent appropriate.
Issues the project intends to consider include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Assumption that IFRS convergence is appropriate for leasing transactions in the public sector
- Identification of a lease
- Impact of revised lessee accounting model
- Sale and leaseback transactions
- New disclosures in lessor accounting model
- Compatibility between lessee and lessor accounting approaches
- “Peppercorn leases”