COVID-19: Deferral of Effective Dates
Nov 6, 2020 | Handbooks, Standards, and Pronouncements
The IPSASB has published the final pronouncement, COVID-19: Deferral of Effective Dates, which delays the effective dates of recently published Standards and Amendments to IPSAS by one year to January 1, 2023. Responding to the global COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges it has created, the purpose of this pronouncement is to provide stakeholders with additional implementation time.
The Standards and Amendments which are impacted include:
- IPSAS 41, Financial Instruments;
- IPSAS 42, Social Benefits;
- Long-term Interests in Associates and Joint Ventures (Amendments to IPSAS 36) and Prepayment Features with Negative Compensation (Amendments to IPSAS 41);
- Collective and Individual Services (Amendments to IPSAS 19); and
- Improvements to IPSAS, 2019.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.