COVID-19: Deferral of Effective Dates
Nov 06, 2020 | Handbooks, Standards, and Pronouncements
The IPSASB has published the final pronouncement, COVID-19: Deferral of Effective Dates, which delays the effective dates of recently published Standards and Amendments to IPSAS by one year to January 1, 2023. Responding to the global COVID-19 pandemic and the challenges it has created, the purpose of this pronouncement is to provide stakeholders with additional implementation time.
The Standards and Amendments which are impacted include:
- IPSAS 41, Financial Instruments;
- IPSAS 42, Social Benefits;
- Long-term Interests in Associates and Joint Ventures (Amendments to IPSAS 36) and Prepayment Features with Negative Compensation (Amendments to IPSAS 41);
- Collective and Individual Services (Amendments to IPSAS 19); and
- Improvements to IPSAS, 2019.
Copyright © 2021 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.