Limited Scope Update of Conceptual Framework
The project objective is to update the Conceptual Framework for a limited number of issues based on the criteria of urgency, consequences, feasibility and prevalence with a particular emphasis on the first three of these criteria.
There is no Task Force. A Board Member Sponsor will be appointed.
- March 2020
- June 23, 2020 - Conceptual Framework—Limited Scope Update
- June 23, 2020 - ED 74 & ED 75, Measurement — Coordination of Cross Cutting Issues
- September 2020 - ED 76 and ED 77, Conceptual Framework–Limited Scope Update and Measurement
- December 2020 - ED 76, Conceptual Framework-Limited Scope Update
The IPSASB approved a project brief on the Limited Scope Update of the Conceptual Framework (the Framework) subject to minor drafting and editorial changes. The project addresses specified issues identified from the IPSASB’s experience in using the Framework, as well as considering relevant developments in the finalized Conceptual Framework of the International Accounting Standards Board, which was published in March 2018. It is not an extensive review.
The IPSASB continued developing its measurement hierarchy. The IPSASB agreed:
- The hierarchy applies to subsequent measurement;
- The measurement bases and techniques in the hierarchy; and
- The allocation of measurement techniques to measurement bases.
The IPSASB will review draft EDs reflecting these decisions at its next meeting. The IPSASB will also further consider the approach to measurement at initial recognition and whether the definition of value in use should continue to include non-cash-generating assets or whether an alternative public sector concept should be developed.