Nominations Now Open for New International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board Members
Nov 18, 2020 | English
The IFAC Nominating Committee is seeking to fill six vacancies on the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB). New Board Members will serve an initial term of up to 3 years, commencing January 1, 2022.
Candidates will ideally have a public sector background and/or experience in standard setting to be able to contribute value to the work of the Board. English proficiency (both written and oral) is essential, as this is the language in which the IPSASB operates.
The IPSASB is an independent standard-setting body that serves the public interest by setting high-quality accounting standards for use by public sector entities around the world in the preparation of general purpose financial reports. Nominations from a wide range of relevant backgrounds are sought, including, but not limited to, candidates from:
- Users of general purpose financial reports, such as parliamentarians, budget offices, and credit-rating agencies.
- Preparers of accrual-based financial statements, such those reporting directly or indirectly in accordance with IPSAS or being in the process of transitioning to IPSAS or another accrual-based accounting framework.
- Ministries of Finance and Treasury departments.
- International and regional development organizations.
- Public sector external auditors.
The Nominating Committee aims to maintain diversity on the IPSASB in terms of gender, regional, and professional background. For these reasons, nominations of qualified female candidates, and qualified candidates from the Africa–Middle East and Asia regions, as well as from jurisdictions where English is not the native language, are particularly encouraged.
All stakeholders, including the general public, governments, IFAC member organizations, and public sector auditors are invited to nominate candidates.
Deadline for submitting applications is January 31, 2021. Please see the Call for Nominations for more details and information on how to submit an application.