Public Sector Standard Setters Forum
IPSASB 2.0: Taking it to the Next Level
Dates: September 19-20, 2022
Adoption and implementation of accrual accounting and the use of IPSAS are on the rise around the world, but each jurisdiction faces its own implementation challenges. Through the IPSASB’s current 5-year Strategy, by the end of 2023, up-to-date guidance will be available for the majority of the key areas in public sector financial reporting. So the question of where IPSASB’s next strategy should focus now needs consideration, including the potential impact of sustainability reporting.
The IPSASB's 4th Public Sector Standard Setters Forum will provide a valuable opportunity for public sector accounting standards setters to build dialogue, exchange ideas, and discuss critical issues with other public sector standard setters and the IPSASB. Forum participants will be directly involved in scoping the IPSASB’s new guidance projects and in shaping its next 5-year strategy.
The IPSASB's 2022 Forum, IPSASB 2.0: Taking it to the Next Level, will be held September 19 and 20 in Cascais, Portugal hosted by the Ordem dos Contabilistas Certificados (Order of Certified Accountants).
The Forum is an exceptional opportunity to build connections with and gain insights from the unique experiences and expertise of standard setters around the world. Express your Interest to Attend today, and registration details will follow.
Who Should Attend
The Forum is aimed at organizations that are developing accrual-based accounting standards for the public sector, including:
- Independent bodies who develop financial reporting standards specifically for the public sector;
- Finance ministries (or equivalent) who set accounting standards/requirements for central government and/or other levels of government; and
- Teams setting accounting policies and procedures for international governmental organizations.
By the End of the Event, Participants Will
- Have helped shape the major new projects that IPSASB is now starting.
- Input to initial thinking on IPSASB’s 2024-2028 Strategy.
- Be more aware of the projects other standard setters are working on, the issues they are facing and how they are dealing with them.
- Build their own networks with peers from around the world.
Register your expression of interest to attend, and registration details will follow.